This wiki hosts a registry of Wikibase instances.
Set up in Antwerp during a workshop on an ecosystem of Wikibase instances federated around Wikidata.
If you have a Wikibase install to add please go ahead.
The workboard for this project can be found on phabricator https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikibase-registry/
- Timeline of Wikibase instances, WikidataCon events & Wikidata birthday celebrations (federated query)
Spam protection (README)
- Anon users can not write / make edits
- There is a captcha on user account creation and on page creation (and a few other things), but not regular boring edits.
- If you have captcha question ideas please submit to User_talk:Addshore
- You must be autoconfirmed in order to edit the main namespace, user space or user talk space.
- There is a 'Trusted' user group (you may need to be added to this), users in the group should be able to add other users to the group.
- Trusted users will not see captchas
Blog posts covering this wikibase install:
- Setup of this install using the Wikibase docker images - https://addshore.com/2018/04/wikibase-of-wikibases/
- Customization & shoehorning in extensions - https://addshore.com/2018/06/customizing-wikibase-config-in-the-docker-compose-example/
- project docs - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry
- Server Admin Log - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry/SAL
We are using this registry (which is itself a Wikibase instance) as a test case to document customizations, bug fixes and other steps needed. What we learn on the way will then hopefully (and you can help with that) find its way into documentation and workflows for setting up, configuring and maintaining other Wikibase instances. On the Wikimedia Phabricator, we are using the wikibase registry tag to keep an overview of issues related to the Wikibase registry.