It was set up in Antwerp on April 25, 2018 during a workshop on an ecosystem of Wikibase instances federated around Wikidata. The workboard for this project can be found on Phabricator at
See also a list of wikis using Wikibase at WikiApiary. It will be great to have all wikis listed there also registered on this wiki.
You will not be able to edit straight away:
- Anonymous (unregistered) users can not edit pages at all.
- Autoconfirmed users (user group "Autoconfirmed") can edit pages the main namespace, user space or user talk space.
- Trusted users (user group "Trusted") can edit pages and will not see CAPTCHAs.
- There is a CAPTCHA on user account creation and on page creation (and a few other things), but not regular edits. If you have CAPTCHA question ideas please submit to User talk:Addshore.
All data and content on this site is CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication.
Items and properties
- Timeline of Wikibase instances and software repository platforms (federated query)
- Timeline of Wikibase instances, WikidataCon events & Wikidata birthday celebrations (federated query)
- List of federation instances, persons, projects and opportunities (some for Wikidata, some for the instance)
- List of federation instances, persons, projects and needs (some for Wikidata, some for the instance)
- List of MediaWiki extensions
- List of MediaWiki gadgets
Blog posts covering this wikibase install:
- Setup of this install using the Wikibase docker images - https://addshore.com/2018/04/wikibase-of-wikibases/
- Customization & shoehorning in extensions - https://addshore.com/2018/06/customizing-wikibase-config-in-the-docker-compose-example/
- project docs - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry
- Server Admin Log - https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nova_Resource:Wikibase-registry/SAL
We are using this registry (which is itself a Wikibase instance) as a test case to document customizations, bug fixes and other steps needed. What we learn on the way will then hopefully (and you can help with that) find its way into documentation and workflows for setting up, configuring and maintaining other Wikibase instances. On the Wikimedia Phabricator, we are using the wikibase registry tag to keep an overview of issues related to the Wikibase registry.
- HTTPS should be forced (see also here for a solution dealing with the SPARQL query results)
- Email notifications do not work yet
- Updater assumes Wikidata namespace configuration by default